Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Trenten's first sleepover!

Well, Trenten had his first friend sleep overnight on January 13th. (Friday the 13th). Carter Esmann came home with Trenten on the bus, and they played their Nintendo DS's for awhile. Trenten and Landon liked  Carter's better because it was a 3DS, and theirs is just a DSi. Around 6 o clock, we rounded the three monkeys up in the trailblazer, and took them to Pizza Hut! They loved this! They ate tons of pizza, had cherry sierra mist, cheese breadsticks, and colored many pages of Santa, reindeer, xmas trees, etc.

Now, when we got home, they watched Wipeout that we had DVR'd, and played DS's again. I have to add, I was concerned that Trenten would be rude to his brother since he had a friend over, but let me tell you, his friend Carter was so nice and sweet to Landon, that Trenten thought it would be cool if he did it too! So Landon got tons of attention, Carter played Landon's DS XL, Landon played Carter's 3DS, and Trenten played his DSi and they all took turns swapping games and whatnot! It was the cutest thing, and they shared so nicely, we would love to have Carter back anytime! Finally, around ten o clock, I put the monkeys to bed, and they all 3 slept on the top bunk (they were excited for this and wouldn't take no for an answer).

I wake up at 8:30 the next morning to get Carter ready since his mommy was coming to get him due to him having basketball practice at 9 am, and I go in the boys' room, and there is Trenten sleeping like a log, and Landon and Carter are missing! I walk into the living room expecting them to be there, and NOTHING! Now naturally I am freaking for a brief moment, I check the door and it's still dead bolted, and I yell "CARTER" knowing I have a better chance of him answering than my naughty Landon, and all of a sudden a cute little tuft of black hair pops up behind the loveseat and says "Ya", and I am shocked. I laughed and asked him if he knows where Landon is, and Landon pops up and says, "right here mom!"  My heart stopped racing, it went back to its original spot in my chest and I laughed out loud. I asked them both what they are doing hiding behind the couch, and they hold up their DS's! Here the little cuties thought they would be in trouble for playing them so early in the morning (because my boys have time limits and can only play them on weekends), so they grabbed two game systems, a bag of games, and hid behind the couch!

Needless to say, I got Carter to come out and get dressed, Trenten woke up and played more DS with him until his mom got here, and then he was gone. Trenten AND Landon were both sad to see him go (Landon was more upset and cried), but I assured them that he could come back and stay again anytime! All in all, it was a great experience for them both, and we loved having Carter here! :) He is a really good mannered, well behaved boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment